Bumpin' and RAMmin'

My head is bumpin'. I got stung by one of those so-red-it's-orange "spawn of Satan" Louisiana wasps. Right in the back of my skull. I *WAS* minding my own business. I crushed one later and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yesterday I found a tick crawling up my leg. I guess I should buy the snake bite kit now. Or maybe the next step up is 'Scorpion Sting'. Anyone have the pest progression chart handy?

Posts will be picture-less and perhaps less numerous because I'm on my Mom's computer in Bastrop, LA. It's a Celeron running some flavor of Windows 98 and the hard drive is swapfiling away and clacking like stove-top popcorn. My 7 year old daughter has a better computer, and yes-I've-tried to tell Mom she could probably find a better one by the side of the road. Somebody send me some PC100 *PLEASE*. I think I'll get some beer while I'm out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I found a 64M stick of PC100 in the other computer that was gathering dust. Windows ME and it would only boot in safe mode. It's better off. So now my Mom's PC has 128M RAM and is actually useable. A cellular signal, at least GSM 850, is in short supply here in the holler.
Anonymous said…
You are not a nice person. Your daughter has a nicer computer than your mom and you have the nerve to make fun of the poor old thing--the computer, not your mom. You should be ashamed and buy your mom a new computer!

MOM

Popular Posts