Ooma Phone Service Mini Review

Updated on Apr 18, 2012 from August 2009 post

So it's been 2.5 years already with Ooma? I guess that paid for itself.

No phone bill for 20 months so far.

The nice thing is it runs the whole house by plugging it in to the wall as if my house wiring were an extension cord, then disconnecting my phone line outside at the box on the house. 

I get an email that I have voicemail, and can check it on the web. How handy is that?

Here's a link to the newer slicker more featured version on Amazon.

theroblog makes 4% so we'd love it if you use that.





I have had no issues at all that I can recall. It even works with modems, allowing my Sony SVR2000 Tivo Series 1 to dial out and update it's guide data.

Click here for that article.

The fact that a modem can connect over it should also tell you that the voice audio quality is excellent, which it is.

I figure I'm saving at least $25 a month. I just use the basic service which is free.

Comments

NathanWright said…
Recently signed up for Ooma. Great service, works fine.

Popular Posts