Ah, what passes for Journalism

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=1575&tag=nl.e539 has the goods on the 'Microsoft Black Screen of Death' debacle. This sounds about right to me.

What happened is that some company yelled 'FIRE!' in a movie theatre (I like the British spelling) and everyone panicked.

Microsoft was blamed for a faulty patch that caused the computer screen to have nothing on the screen and therefore be unusable.

What apparently really happened was that it didn't happen.

I love this type of 'journalism'.

Let me try my hand at it:

Is Exxon KNOWINGLY selling impure gasoline to the elderly?

The answer that may shock you, at 5.

So, yes, every gas probably has SOME teeny tiny amount of impurity in it. And the elderly buy gas.

Or, you can ask some crazy question and leave it unanswered: Is Tiger Woods cheating on his wife during a baby seal clubbing vacation? Tiger Woods was unavailable for comment.

Yep, I looked around my office and Tiger Woods was not available. I didn't accuse him, I just proposed the question.

Cue 'Dirty Laundry' <=- Click to play on last.fm

Comments

Popular Posts