I've gotten over $200 in cash back from them at places I would have shopped anyway! Ebay, Staples, more! I put it at the top because they ROCK. Basically, you get a kickback from Ebates when buy.com or whoever pays them. Win-win. If you like throwing money away, don't use them!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Microwave Potato Chip Maker

Still want 'junk food' but want to eat healthy? Check this out.


(WOW! This is ranked #1 on Amazon in Kitchen and Housewares as of this posting!)

It's the "Mastrad A64601 Top Chips Maker and Slicer Set".


Couple of notes: you can marinate in salt, garlic, or whatever your imagination conjures before cooking them. Vinegar, salt and dill anyone?

Also, I did not pat them dry, I just took them out of the marinade and slapped them on the cooking plate. 3 minutes in my over the stove microwave works fine. The center ones tend to cook first. My oven rotates, so that may be a factor. Just don't put any in the very center. You can also buy extra trays to make a bunch at once but I've just got the single.

Tip on removing the chips after cooking: push under them and the rubber will flex, and the chip edges will become unstuck.

Sweet potato chips and salsa is a great way to get your veggies!

 




I'd recommend the extra trays if you want to make a fair amount of them. A single tray for cooking is a bit laborious. 

If you figure $2 for a bag of chips, this repays itself fairly quickly. Plus, it's a ton healthier. We tried carrots, sweet potato, white potato, and red potato so far. The carrots worked so-so.

No comments:

 
Google Find us on Google+ Website: www.circlephone.com