What to do with those Gift Card

For example, I just got a $25 Amex gift card. I have a Square account from https://squareup.com.

It's a little card reader and app for Android and iOS that lets you take credit cards for 2.75% flat.

I always have my phone and or tablet, and the tiny card reader resides on my keychain.

So, I took my bonus gift card and swiped it, and paid myself $25. I lost about 55 cents but now it's cash going in to my bank account.

Of course, if you sell things, it's good to have. I have made a few small sales of Beachbody products in single servings to people that didn't have cash or change.

Square is free, except for the small fee.

It could also be nice when your friend doesn't have change or cash to split lunch at that cash only place, a taxi, etc. They can just pay you back with a card.

If your friends aren't too lazy and will sign up for an app system, check out Clover.

Clover is also all kinds of handy. Way faster than Paypal, but will work with it. It's my favorite payment app. Quick, easy, works with bank, Paypal, and credit card accounts.

Comments

Popular Posts