My Obamacare Application Process: A Mini-Review

Update: Cheapest plan for me, healthy 42 year old male, is $174 a month.

Not horrible, but it has a $6000 deductible, $6000 maximum out of pocket expense.

So really, it's just for pretty bad stuff. You're not going to the doctor for basic ailments.

But I did not add in the wife and kids. So let's assume the same for the wife, and half of that for each of the kids.

Voila. $400+ a month.

Just for fun I looked at buying a brand new 2014 Mustang. I could get that instead. Welcome to your new mandatory car purchase equivalent.



Old post:

I don't need it, I was just curious to see how much it would cost. So here are my notes:

----
so to see what the fuss is about on Obamacare, I decided to 'sign up'.

Here's the first thing I noted:

"        You need an email address to sign up. You can get one now for free: GmailOutlookYahooAOL"

Seriously? I guess we really are going to insure everyone, even those who don't realize email is available for free.

Slow but pretty site…check…like a hollywood starlet…

Had to refresh one time…confusing questionnaire options…I have a college degree and I was uncertain…

site would not advance using Chrome browser after "please wait…' and a screen refresh…

site logged me out a few times…

had to click my app NUMEROUS times.

Excruciatingly slow and doesn't work well …like a live government worker.

no my14 yo and 11yo do not make much $$$…my 11yo does not pay alimony….yes. i said no income so thats what i think he will make…

I submitted. Then the site spun and spun and spun…hit refresh, managed to Submit again…now I can't see any application under my profile.
---

I'm done. As in: I don't have time for this.

Summary: GARBAGE. Hope you weren't planning on doing this on a lunch break or reasonable time span.

I'm not even going to clean these notes up. Consider the 'review' to be the same quality as the site.
Worst website I've seen in a LONG time. Typically this level of performance is only seen during a price mistake shopping frenzy, new super popular site rollout, etc.


Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts