Use your old iPhone 30 pin Connector Speaker Docks with your iPhone 5 and beyond

Update: The Smartbean connected to the JBL speakers below uses an AUX input but has many more uses.

 There is another device that plugs right in to a 30 pin port so it is a neat option if you have an older Bose Sounddock for example without an AUX input:


The other option, a Smart Bean connected to an AUX input:


In this example, I have a JBL Speaker with the Apple 30 pin connection.

Useless with my new iPhone, or Android, right? Nope, sounds great.


You will also need a 3.5mm cable with the male plug part on both ends.

It's a headphone jack size on both ends, same as your iPhone headphones for example. Here's an example:

 
What this does is output sound via that small box when you pair it with your iOS device or any other Bluetooth device to send audio into the auxiliary jack that MOST speakers have.

Obviously, before you buy this, you want to check your dock to see if it has it. But you could also use this to add Bluetooth to a car or headphones.

I use mine with my Samsung Galaxy S4.
The side benefits are:
 
1. You can now plug headphones into the Smartbean also, or use it to put audio into the AUX jack on your car, or anything else you can plug an input cable into. 
 
2. Your 'speaker only' headphones you use for jogging now can also be used for calls, since the Smart bean has a mic built in.
 
4. You have ONE device that's paired that does all this so fewer times you have to change the output preference on your device.
 
5. You can adjust volume and skip/recall tracks, and pause. My speaker only had volume inputs but now I control my phone's audio player with the Smartbean. 

I hope I've saved you some money. 

Please bookmark my other site, amamzin.com and use the  Amazon Search box to start your next shopping session.

We get a small commission so we can spend our time helping you save and enjoy your tech goodies more fully.

Comments

Popular Posts