Ronco CoffeeTime Review

I picked one of these up cheap the other day, and it works well. It should, because it's so simple.

The construction is sound, and I don't have any issues with it. My only concern is the 'felt' filter that they include 2 of. Where will you get new ones if it wears out, gets lost, etc. A spare rubber stopper would have been a nice thing to have too.

But it should last a long time. I even accidentally ran the felt filter through the dishwasher on hi temp wash with no ill effects.

The storage carafe even has a rubber O-ring to seal it, which is hardly necessary but a nice touch.

If you've been thinking about experimenting with cold brew coffee, this is a cheap and easy way to do it.

I recommend a coarser grind and a 12 hour sit before draining. So put it in at 'X'pm if you want your coffee done at 'Y'am. (Hah ha nerds! X=Y.)

Contrary to the ronco website, mine did not include the accessories. But that explains the super low price I got I suppose.

** Click Here to see it cheap on Amazon. **

As a price point, my HEB wants something on the order of $60 for a couple of plastic carafes that are more complicated and do the same thing.

Now back to my cold brewed coffee.


Comments

Popular Posts