Kobo: Are you Serious?

I hear they want to be a next new thing, combining social networks with reading. Share stuff about the books you and your friends are reading on Facebook.

Every time I turn around, someone has a Kobo hardware ereader on clearance.

To me, that means sales are slow.

But I wonder who's in charge of their strategy?

A prime example I noticed this morning, on their android app page.

Here's the phone they are showing:


That's a G1. The FIRST Google phone, introduced THREE AND A HALF YEARS ago.

That's beyond an eternity. Example: I sold someone a tablet a month or two ago. Today, that tablet new is $50 cheaper WITH a keyboard dock.

Android development is blistering to say the least. The best time to buy is always later, if you must have the best. (For example, the Samsung i9250. It is so choice.)



So, I said all that to say this: if you're aiming to be the next new thing, don't use 3.5 year old hardware to emphasize a strength.

Comments

Popular Posts