Unlocking HTC Flyer Bootloader (and other HTC Devices) on Mac OS X

The instructions at http://htcdev.com/bootloader talk about Windows.

On Mac OS X , use Chrome to navigate that website, otherwise it won't start when you select the 'Begin Unlock Bootloader'. For me, Safari and Firefox didn't work.

If you have a US HTC Flyer, WiFi only, from Best Buy or buy.com as a refurb, you want to select 'All other supported models' or Flyer WWE WiFi, if I recall correctly.

All you really need is fastboot, from the Google SDK. I had it installed already, and the instructions are pretty straightforward. If you can't install the Google SDK or know what all this is about, you may be a bit over your head here.

Be advised: this WILL wipe your HTC Flyer. I used it to unlock my Honeycomb 3.2.1 bootloader.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything. You bought it, you brick it. :)

Comments

Popular Posts