BUFFALO WLI-TX4-G54HP and TiVo: Having trouble?

I have a WiFi bridge (connects a wired LAN client like a TiVo) to a WiFi network. I had trouble with my two TiVos seeing each other, the MAc seeing the TiVo on the Buffalo bridge, etc.

The WLI-TX4-G54HP is also known as a "High Power Wireless Ethernet Converter".

Long story short, I had firmware version 2.50.

Here's the link to 2.53

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/WLI-TX4-G54HP_2.53_3.01-US_US-uclibc

I know, what took me so long? Now TiVo transfer sees the TiVo as soon as it loads.

Other people have had trouble too with this bridge passing certain kinds of network traffic, like from DirectTV, etc. Connecting to the TiVo service and downloading shows never was a problem.

You're welcome. The donation button is over on the right.

Comments

Popular Posts