Cyanogenmod 7.2 Bluetooth Pairing Doesn't Work: the Fix is here!

Greetings all my Facebook friends who read this. Most of you will find it gibberish. Moving on...

I had problems with my Cyanogenmod 7.2.0 Stable on my HTC Glacier / Mytouch 4G not pairing with new Bluetooth devices. 

They would talk a bit, then disagree. 

Specifically, I was trying to pair my Sony Liveview. The first generation with buttons, not the newer and more expensive version with a touch screen, the Smart Watch. 

(Yeah, I know it was panned. But I got it for $20. More about it in a later post...)

So without further ado, here's the solution.

You will need root access, su, and a terminal app on the phone. If that's greek to you, you can also just try a file explorer like Root Explorer. But if you can't at least delete the file I'm talking about next, I can't help with this method.

Here's the original solution location.

For brevity I reproduce it here, but I wanted to give credit. I also wanted to write this article with all the keywords above, and to let people know it isn't a Liveview issue.

Quote:

I ran the Terminal app and entered
su
(App requests root permissions, grant them). Then I went to the device's bluetooth settings with 
cd /data/misc/bluetoothd

(Note the 'd' at the end). There I found a directory named by the bluetooth chip's ID, in my case '38:E7:D8:45:21:a4'. I renamed this directory 

mv 3* hidden
, turned bluetooth off and back on and could use bluetooth again.
HTH 


You could also just delete the file.

I am pretty sure this problem arose when I did either the move to Cyanogenmod 7.1 (or thereabouts, version-wise) from the stock file, or using ROM Manager to install CM 7.2.

Did I save you several days of pulling your hair out? I messed with this off and on for about 72 hours.

I'd appreciate a little drop in the Paypal Coffee fund over there. Any amount is great!

Or buy something on Amazon with the search box. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have a newly rooted my touch 4g on the cyanogenmod- 7.2.0 - glacier, I've tried to connect to wi-fi but there's an error message. The phone won't even call out. I can send and receive text messages. Help.
Anonymous said…
I'd reflash the radio to start.
Unknown said…
THANK YOU! This has been driving me nuts! Worked like a charm.
rini said…
I m not getting that directory named by bluetooths chip id?
plz help..
theroblog.com said…
Rini, Do you have a directory that looks like that but with different numbers? You may have a different problem.
Anonymous said…
Thank you so much! I couldn't use my phone for a long time because of this dumbness! You're awesome!

Popular Posts