OS X: Adobe X Crashes in Print Dialogs

Adobe Reader 10.1.4 was crashing on me in OS X 10.6.8 when I tried to print to my Oki 5200n. Yes, I have an office capacity color laser at home. I got lucky. It's a nice printer.

Short version: Open the Printer and Fax setting in System Preferences.

Click in the printer list on the left, then RIGHT or CTRL-click on the printer and select 'Reset Printing System' from the contextual menu. This will remove all installed printers.

Now, Oki offers TWO printer drivers for OS X 10.6.  One is 2009 era, the other 2011.

You want the 2011 version. The 'Hiper C' multilingual installer, version 1.0.0

Go to my.okidata.com and get it.

This fixed me right up, and it has a lot more options so you should get it anyway as an upgrade.

Enjoy.

Now drop a dollar in the Paypal donation box on the right side over there -=> :)






Comments

Popular Posts