Pointui on Cingular 8525 with Windows Mobile 6 (WM6)

Yes, it works, at least 1.01b. I didn’t try any other versions. Some brief notes:

 

It rotates when you slide the keyboard open just like WM6. It crashed once but then just restarted. (Just the shell not the whole device.) It will make you wish the rest of the OS looked as good. WM6 is ugly after looking at this thing for even just a little while.

 

It shows upcoming appointments much further in the future. I don’t have that many, so that’s fine.

 

Here’s a tip for PDA users in general: Keep as much as you can installed on the SD card and keep your docs there too. Easy backups. Just copy the whole card off somewhere. Let Outlook serve as your Contacts etc. backup. I don’t worry too much about the data on my PDA in this fashion.

 

What’s needed: a better way to specify what happens when you hit the messaging icon for example. It goes to the Outlook folder. I’d like it to open my Gmail POP folder, thanks. The hard button on the 8525 still cycles through all your inboxes, so that’s still kind of minor for us.

 

Summary: Minor annoyances but a very nice little shell.

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts