iPhone, Your Days are Numbered

If the original 2G iPhone isn't upgradeable to the 4.0 OS, I might be switching to the Google Nexus, with perhaps an overall move to T-Mobile in the fall when my wife's iPhone contract is up.

Mainly, because the 3G isn't much different than the 2G, so it doesn't seem so hard that you couldn't offer it to the 2G crowd, especially since you last sold that phone less than two years ago.

I won't get into a debate for the Google Nexus over the iPhone, but there's lots of of love for the Nexus, and I think folks are getting a bit tired of the AT&T/Apple game. You can read all those comparisons and fanboy flames elsewhere.

Oh, and by the way, it'd be nice if I could legally unlock my phone that I never had a contract for anyway. EVERY phone I've had since the iPhone has been unlocked. So not only do they exert control of many of the features you want in the iPhone that other phones have and have had for years, they've sort of retained ownership of your hardware as well.

Go ahead Apple/AT&T. Put the straw on that breaks the camel's back.

Comments

Suzanne said…
I'm pretty perturbed at AT&T for a few things as well, though I do not have an iPhone. This would be related to Katie's recent phone upgrade and the subsequent issues. I've just had to enter into a new contract with them, so 2 years and counting, and we might be seeing someone else as our provider. It sucks since I used to love them when they were the original company (pre-Cingular merger days).

Popular Posts